Blackberry, apple and star anise crumble with brandy custard
- 400g Bramley apples, peeled, cored and chopped ● ● ●
- 30g light brown soft sugar
- 2 whole star anise
- 2 x 150g packs Grower’s Selection Blackberries
- ½tsp ground cinnamon
- 225g pack Asda Crumble Topping
- 50ml French brandy
- 500g carton Asda Ready to Serve Custard
Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4.
Simmer the apples, sugar, star anise and 100ml water in a pan for 10 mins or until softened. Discard the star anise. Add the blackberries, stir, remove from the heat and tip into a baking dish.
Stir the cinnamon into the crumble topping and scatter over the fruit mixture. Press the topping down gently.
Bake for 30-35 mins, until the crumble topping turns golden brown.
Stir the brandy into the custard and heat according to the pack instructions. Serve the fruit crumble warm with the custard.