Bloody Mary soup
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 2 tsp olive oil, plus 1 tbsp for the croutons
- 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- 700g bottle Extra Special Smooth Passata
- 1 tbsp Asda Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 slice 2-3-day-old bread
- 6 tbsp vodka
- 2 tbsp double cream
Heat 2 tsp of the olive oil, add the shallot and fry for about 4 minutes over a low heat until soft and translucent.
Add the passata, sweet chilli, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. Season, then cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, use small heart-shaped pastry cutters to stamp shapes from the bread. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a small frying pan and fry until golden. Drain on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
Serve the soup in 2 small bowls or teacups. Stir in 3 tbsp vodka and swirl 1 tbsp cream into each one.
Top with croutons and serve immediately. The soup will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.