BOSH!’s green shakshuka
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 400g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g frozen peas
- 200g spinach leaves
- 10g parsley, chopped
- 10g mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 10g dill, roughly chopped
- 50g plant-based yogurt alternative
- ½tsp za’atar
- 1 ripe avocado, stoned, peeled and sliced
- 4 slices crusty wholemeal bread, to serve
Heat the oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Add the leek. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins until softened.
Reduce the heat, add the garlic and stir for 1 min. Add the beans and peas and stir for 2 mins. Add the spinach, a handful at a time, stirring constantly and allowing the spinach to wilt down before adding another handful.
When the spinach has wilted and the peas are cooked through, take the pan off the heat. Stir through the parsley, mint and dill, and season with black pepper. Top with the yogurt alternative, za’atar and avocado, and serve with the bread.