Braised peas & lettuce with chicken
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 605g pack Asda Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 Asda Extra Lean Unsmoked Bacon Rashers
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 25g butter
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 little gem lettuce, shredded
- 250g frozen peas
- 400g can Asda Green Lentils, drained and rinsed
Cut each chicken fillet into 3 or 4 pieces. Heat the oil in a pan, add the chicken and cook until golden on all sides.
While the chicken is cooking, cook the bacon and onions in the butter in a pan over a low heat for 5 minutes.
Mix the cornflour with 4 tablespoons water and stir into the pan. Add the lettuce and peas and season with black pepper. Add the lentils and heat until simmering. Put the chicken on top.
Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.