Breaded fish with chunky chips & crushed peas
- 550g Maris Piper potatoes (peeled weight), cut into thick chips
- 1 tbsp mild olive oil, plus 2 tbsp
- 75g fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 level tsp sesame seeds
- 25g pack Asda Ready Salted Crisps, crushed to crumbs
- Zest of 1/2 unwaxed lemon, finely grated
- Good pinch of paprika
- 2 medium eggs
- 15g Flora Original, melted
- 500g cod loin, cut into 4
- 350g Asda Frozen Peas
- 2-3 mint leaves
- 4 tbsp reduced-fat crème frâiche
- 1 lemon, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C/Gas 6. Line a baking tray with baking paper and put a wire rack on another.
Toss the potatoes with 1 tbsp oil and put on the paper-lined tray. Bake for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix together the breadcrumbs, sesame seed, crisps, zest and paprika.
Lightly beat the eggs with 2 tsp of the oil and the butter.
Coat the fish in the egg and then the crumbs, patting firmly in place. Put on the rack over a tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until the coating is crisp and the fish flakes easily.
Boil the peas with the mint for 5 minutes. Drain and whizz in a blender to a rough purée. Stir in the crème frâiche and season. Return to the pan and reheat. Serve the peas with the fish, chips and lemon.