Brisket of beef
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 1.2kg Asda Butcher’s Selection Brisket of Beef Joint
- 200g carrots, thickly sliced
- 175g swede, (peeled weight), cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 600ml hot beef stock, made with 1 reduced-salt stock cube
- 250ml red wine, (or extra stock)
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 level tsp mixed dried herbs
- 1 tbsp gravy granules
Pre-heat the oven to 150C/130C Fan/Gas 2. Put the beef and vegetables in a large casserole dish.
Heat the stock, wine (or extra stock) and purée until simmering. Pour over the meat and add the herbs.
Cover and cook in the oven for 5-6 hours.
Remove the meat and veg with a slotted spoon. Sprinkle in the gravy granules and stir to thicken. Serve the meat and veg with the gravy.
Please drink responsibly. For the facts, visit drinkaware.co.uk.