Broad bean & rocket on butter bean pâté
- 2 x 410g cans butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 tsp creamed horseradish
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 175g broad beans (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tsp walnut oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 40g rocket leaves
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Warm crusty bread, to serve
To make the pâté, whizz together the butter beans, horseradish, olive oil, lime juice and zest and 3 tbsp warm water in a food processor or liquidiser until smooth and creamy. Season well.
Simmer the broad beans for 5 minutes. Cool under a cold running tap. Drain and peel – this step isn’t essential if you’re short on time. You can use beans unpeeled, but they taste better peeled.
Toss the broad beans with the walnut oil in a bowl. Add the rocket leaves and gently toss again.
Pile the creamy pâté into a shallow serving dish with the bean and rocket salad. Grind over plenty of black pepper and serve with the lemon wedges and warm crusty bread.