Broccoli pesto with gnocchi
- 1 head broccoli, trimmed and cut into florets
- 500g pack Asda Italian Gnocchi
- 40g Parmesan, grated, plus extra, to serve
- 30g walnuts, toasted
- 6tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4tsp dried chilli flakes
- 25g fresh basil
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
In a large pan of boiling water, blanch the broccoli for 6-8 mins. Refresh in cold water. Set aside.
Cook the gnocchi according to the pack instructions.
Pulse the broccoli, Parmesan, walnuts, oil, garlic, chilli, basil, zest and juice in a processor, until you have a coarse paste.
Drain the gnocchi, reserving 100ml of the liquid. Return
the pan to the heat, add the gnocchi and tomatoes, stir in the broccoli pesto and toss until heated through. If needed, thin with a splash of the cooking liquid. Serve with
Parmesan and black pepper.