Broccoli & Stilton soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and cubed
- 650ml vegetable stock, made with 1 stock cube
- 1 large head of broccoli (discard the stem), cut into florets
- 100g reduced-fat crème fraîche
- 120g Stilton
Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the potato and stock, and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Add the broccoli and cook for 5 minutes, until tender.
Using a processor or hand-held blender, whizz the soup until smooth and creamy; it will still be hot, so be careful.
Stir in the crème fraîche and heat the soup through again. To serve, crumble over the Stilton and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.