Brussels sprouts salad with tahini dressing
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 400g raw Brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded
- 100g sliced curly kale, washed, hard stalks removed
- 100g tahini
- 2tbsp clear honey
- 1-2tsp Dijon mustard
- 1tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 100g spinach, half left whole, half roughly chopped
- 1large red onion, thinly sliced
- 15g mint, torn
- 15g flat-leaf parsley, torn
- 80g pistachios, chopped
- 50g pomegranate seeds
In a large pan over a medium heat, steam the sprouts and the kale for 5 mins to soften slightly, then set aside to cool.
For the dressing, mix the tahini, honey, mustard, vinegar, lemon zest and juice together in
a small jug. Add 2-3tsp water to thin to a pouring consistency.
In a large bowl, toss together the sprouts, kale and spinach.
Add the red onion, herbs, 50g of the pistachios and 30g of the pomegranate seeds, then mix to combine.
Tip into a serving dish. Top with the remaining dressing, pistachios and pomegranate seeds, then drizzle over the tahini dressing to serve.