Annabel Karmel’s butter chicken with yellow rice
- 15g unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2cm piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1tsp Asda Garam Masala Spice Blend
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- 1 Oxo Reduced Salt Chicken Stock Cube made up to 200ml
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1tbsp Extra Special Mango, Apple and Ginger Chutney
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 200g basmati rice
- 6tbsp full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 spring onion, sliced, to garnish (optional)
For the curry, melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for 3-4 mins until softened but not browned, then add the ginger, garlic and spices. Cook for 30 secs, then add the tomato purée and chicken stock. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 mins.
Season the chicken with ground black pepper, add to the curry sauce with the mango chutney and simmer for 15-18 mins until cooked through.
For the yellow rice, put the turmeric in a pan of boiling water. Add the basmati rice and stir, then reduce the heat and simmer for 12-15 mins until the rice is just tender. Drain and leave to steam in the sieve, covered, for 5 mins.
Stir the Greek yogurt into the chicken curry just before serving and serve with the yellow rice, garnished with the spring onion, if using.