Butternut squash and spinach curry
- 250g Asda Frozen Butternut Squash chunks
- 2 sprays Frylight cooking spray
- 50g Asda Frozen Sliced Red Onion
- 1 tsp Asda frozen Scratch Cook Chopped Chilli
- 1 tsp Asda frozen Scratch Cook Garlic
- 1 tsp Asda Frozen Scratch Cook Ginger
- 2 level tbsp Asda Medium Curry Powder
- 1 level tbsp tomato purée
- 225g Asda Frozen Scratch Cook Whole Leaf Spinach
- 215g can Asda Green Lentils, drained
- 100g fat free natural yogurt
- 2 x 200g bags Asda white Rice
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Put the butternut squash on the tray and cook in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, spray a little cooking spray in the base of a saucepan and cook the red onion, chilli, garlic and ginger for 4 minutes, over a low heat, stirring often.
Add the curry powder, tomato purée and 5 tbsp water and stir over a low heat for another 2 minutes.
Add the spinach and another 125ml water and heat until simmering. Cover the pan and simmer for 6 – 8 minutes, stirring occasionally until the spinach is completely thawed and hot. Add the lentils and butternut squash and heat through.
Stir in the yogurt. Heat until simmering and sauce is desired thickness.
Cook the rice as instructed on the pack and serve with the curry.