Butternut squash, chickpea & Chantenay carrot tagine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 250g Chantenay carrots, tops removed, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 level tsp cumin
- 1 level tsp turmeric
- 1 level tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 390g carton Asda Chopped Tomatoes
- 10 dried apricots, chopped
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 350ml vegetable stock made with 1 stock cube
- 25g flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- 25g pomegranate seeds
- Couscous, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 160C/140C Fan/Gas 3. Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole dish. Add the onion and cook over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
Add the butternut squash and carrots and cook for a further 2 minutes. Lower the heat, add the garlic and ginger, then cook for 1 minute more.
Add all the spices and 2 tbsp cold water and cook over a medium heat, stirring for 1 minute. Add the tomato purée, chopped tomatoes, apricots and chickpeas and heat until simmering. Stir well, add the stock, heat to a simmer, then cover and cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the almonds on a baking tray in the oven for 4-5 minutes until golden. Sprinkle the coriander, pomegranate, seeds and almonds on top and serve with couscous.