Butternut squash mac ‘n’ cheese
- 1 butternut squash
- 1tsp rapeseed oil
- 1tsp dried sage
- 100g Asda 50% Less Fat Light Original Soft Cheese
- 150ml skimmed milk
- 250g Asda Italian Fresh Egg Macaroni
- 198g can salt-free sweetcorn, drained
- Florets from ½ head broccoli
- 100g Asda 30% Less Fat Mature British Cheese, grated
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Ask an adult to help with the peeling and chopping. Peel the squash, cut in half and spoon out the seeds. Cut the squash into small cubes, put in an ovenproof dish, toss in the oil and sage and roast for 30 mins until soft.
Ask an adult to take the squash from the oven, put in a big bowl and mash until smooth. Use a wooden spoon to stir the soft cheese and milk into the mash until it’s creamy. Add the pasta, sweetcorn and broccoli florets to the bowl and mix until well combined.
Put the pasta mixture in the ovenproof dish and sprinkle over the grated cheese. Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden.