Butternut squash & pasta soup
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 500g butternut squash (flesh only, cubed)
- 1-2 level tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 100g split red lentils, rinsed
- 800ml vegetable stock, made with 1 stock cube
- 4 tbsp reduced-fat crème fraîche
- 100g Asda Great Stuff Wholewheat Conchigliette
- Wholewheat bread, to serve
Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
Add the squash, paprika, tomato purée, oregano, lentils and 500ml of the stock. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Set the remaining stock aside.
Add the reserved stock to the pan, then purée with a hand-held blender. Return to the heat and stir in 3 tbsp of the crème fraîche. Season to taste.
Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Add to the soup. Divide the soup between four bowls and swirl in the remaining crème fraîche. Serve with bread.