Butternut squash, pepper & chickpea curry
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 400g Grower’s Selection Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Slices, large pieces halved
- 2tbsp Asda Balti Curry Paste
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1tsp sugar
- 1tbsp chopped coriander, to serve (optional)
- Steamed rice or naan bread, to serve
Put the oil in a large nonstick pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, red pepper and butternut squash mixture and fry for 2-3 mins.
Add the balti paste and fry for 1 min, stirring until all the vegetables are well coated with the paste. Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, coconut milk and sugar.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins, uncovered, until the sauce has reduced slightly and thickened, and the butternut squash and sweet potato are cooked through.
Stir in the chopped coriander, if using, and serve immediately with steamed rice or naan bread.