Butternut squash quesadillas
- Ready in: 30 mins
- Serves: 4
- Price: £1.40 per serving
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 pack Chosen by you Mexican Style 8 Corn Tortillas
- 200g mild Cheddar, grated
- 220g can Napolina Red Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely cubed
- 1tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 mild red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- Salsa, to serve
Preheat the oven to 220C/ 200C Fan/Gas 7. Put the squash on a baking tray, drizzle over the oil and toss to evenly coat the squash. Cook in the oven for 15-20 mins until soft and starting to brown at the edges.
Place 4 of the tortillas on a work surface and sprinkle on half the cheese, dividing it evenly between them. Top with the squash and the rest of the ingredients (except the salsa), and then the remaining cheese.
Top each tortilla with another one. Press together gently with your palm.
In a large pan, dry-fry the quesadillas one at a time, on low, for 2-3 mins on each side until golden brown on the outside and the cheese has melted inside.
Cut each quesadilla into quarters and serve straight away, with salsa on the side.