Butternut squash & sweet potato soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 15g butter
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 150g carrots, sliced
- 500g butternut squash, flesh only, cut into cubes
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 100g red lentils, rinsed
- 1L hot vegetable stock, made with 1 Knorr vegetable Stock Cube
- 3 level tbsp tomato purée
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley (or 2 level tsp mixed dried herbs)
- 100g Asda Reduced Fat Crème Fraîche
- Crusty bread, to serve
Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pan. Add the onion and cook until soft.
Add the carrots, squash and sweet potato. Stir to coat with oil. Cover and cook over a low heat for 3-4 minutes.
Add the lentils, stock, tomato purée and 2 tbsp of the parsley or the mixed herbs and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Purée with a hand-held blender or a processor. Heat through again, add swirls of crème fraîche, and sprinkle with pepper and parsley, if using. Serve with crusty bread.