Butternut & thyme bakes
- 2 red onions, peeled and each cut into 10 wedges
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g sun dried tomatoes
- 40g pine nuts
- 3 eggs (2 whole and 1 yolk)
- 150ml double cream
- 100ml milk
- 40g parmesan, finely grated
- 4 slices focaccia (or white bread), cut into 1cm chunks
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5.
Toss the onion, squash, thyme and oil in a roasting tray. Season, then roast for 30 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and nuts and cook for 10 minutes.
Reduce oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Whisk the eggs, cream, milk and three-quarters of the cheese.
Divide the veg between 4 ovenproof ramekins. Top with bread, pour over the egg mixture and scatter with the remaining cheese.
Put the ramekins on a baking tray and cook for 15-20 minutes, until golden.