Cabbage & lentil curry
- 300g green lentils
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, sliced or chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 level tsp mustard seeds
- 1 level tsp ground coriander
- 1 level tsp turmeric
- ½-1 level tsp cayenne
- 400g can Asda Chopped Tomatoes with Chillies and Peppers
- 1 savoy cabbage, shredded
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander, plus extra to serve
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 4 tbsp natural low-fat yogurt
- 2 naan bread, to serve
Rinse the lentils, then drain and put in a pan. Cover with fresh cold water and bring to the boil. Boil for 10 minutes.
Reduce the heat to a simmer and stir in the stock cube. Simmer for 40 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Drain, then reserve 150ml of the stock.
Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the onion over a low heat until soft and starting to turn golden. Add the garlic and mustard seeds until the seeds begin to jump.
Stir in the ground coriander, ground cumin, turmeric, cayenne and 2 tbsp water. Gently fry the spices over a low heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring all the time.
Add the tomatoes, savoy cabbage, lentils, reserved stock and fresh coriander and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, then season and add the lemon juice.
Top with yogurt. Serve with a lemon wedge and half a naan bread each.