Cajun roast chicken with slaw
- 1.35kg Butcher's Selection British Medium Chicken
- 2tbsp Asda Cajun Seasoning
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 5cm chunks
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 150g red cabbage, finely shredded
- ½ small red onion, finely sliced
- 6 radishes, sliced
- ½ punnet cress
- 3tbsp Asda Garlic & Herb Dressing
Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5.
Put the chicken in a large roasting tray. Mix together the Cajun seasoning and oil and brush over the chicken. Arrange the sweet potatoes around the bird and cook for 1 hr 20 mins. Turn the sweet potatoes halfway through.
For the slaw, put all of the remaining ingredients in a bowl and toss together. Transfer to a serving dish and set aside.
When the chicken is cooked, remove it from the oven and transfer to a serving platter. Cover with foil and set aside to rest.
Increase the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6 and return the potatoes to the oven for 10 mins. Transfer to a serving dish.
Bring the chicken, potatoes and slaw to the table, carve the bird and let everyone help themselves.