Carbonara croque monsieur
- 10g butter, melted
- 2 thick slices sourdough or country bread
- 1 heaped tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 slice thickly cut ham
- 3 tbsp ASDA carbonara sauce
- 30g finely grated emmental or gruyere cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the grill to high. Brush the bread on one side only and toast the buttered side until golden. Place toasted-side down on a chopping board.
Spread one slice with the mustard, then top with the ham, half the carbonara sauce and half the cheese.
Top the other slice with the remaining carbonara sauce and cheese, and season with freshly ground black pepper.
Grill both slices for 3-4 minutes, until golden and bubbling. Stack the toasted slices together so the one with ham is on the bottom, cut in half and serve.