Caribbean chicken curry
- 2 x 515g packs Butcher’s Selection British Boneless Chicken Thigh Fillets (cut into large pieces)
- 3tbsp Asda Medium Curry Powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1tsp West Indian hot pepper sauce
- 1-2 Scotch bonnet chillies (deseeded and finely chopped)
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 300ml hot chicken stock
- 1tbsp thyme leaves
- To Serve
- Shredded spring onions
- Lime wedges
- Extra thyme leaves
Put the chicken in a non-metallic dish. Mix the curry powder with the lime juice, pepper sauce and chilli. Spoon over the chicken and turn over with your hands to coat well. Cover and chill for at least 2 hrs or overnight.
Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 mins. Remove with a draining spoon and set aside.
Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 5 mins until golden. Return the onions to the pan with the tomatoes, stock and thyme. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 mins.
Uncover and simmer for a further 20 mins until the chicken is tender. Top with thyme and shredded spring onion. Serve with rice, roti and lime wedges.