- 700g carrots (roughly chopped)
- 2tbsp olive oil, plus 1tsp to drizzle
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic (left in skin)
- 2tbsp tahini
- Juice ½ lemon
- To Serve
- 2 pittas (grilled)
- 1 Little Gem lettuce (cut in 6 lengthways)
- 1 cucumber (cut into sticks)
- Lemon wedges
- Mint leaves
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Put the carrots on a baking tray and toss with 1tbsp oil and the cumin. Roast for 20-25 mins or until tender, adding the garlic for the last 15 mins.
Leave the garlic to cool a little then squeeze out the flesh into a processor. Add the carrots, tahini, lemon juice, 2tbsp olive oil and some black pepper. Whiz until puréed – but don’t over-blitz.
Top the houmous with 1tsp olive oil and black pepper, and serve with the lettuce, cucumber, pittas, lemon wedges and mint leaves.