Carrot, parsnip & sweet potato korma
- 300g Chantenay carrots, ends cut off, halved
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2cm piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tubes Asda Korma Curry Paste
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 200g Asda Good For You Crème Fraîche
- Half a 120g pack Asda Fresh Coconut Chunks
- Plain rice, to serve
Simmer the carrots in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and reserve the water.
Cook the onion in the oil until soft. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the curry paste.
Peel and cube the sweet potatoes and add, with the parsnips, to the drained carrots, stirring. Measure 200ml of carrot water (make it up with extra water if necessary) and add to the pan. Season, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
Mix the cornflour with a dash of cold water, then stir into the pan. Add the crème fraîche and heat but don't boil. Shave the coconut on top. Serve with the rice.