Carrot, pineapple & hazelnut slaw
- 75g hazelnuts
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 4 tbsp Asda Light Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Amoy Reduced Salt Soy Sauce
- 25g caster sugar
- 250g fresh pineapple (weighed without skin and core), cut into small pieces
- 250g carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- Iceberg (or romaine) lettuce leaves, torn
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Put the hazelnuts on one baking tray and the pumpkin seeds on another and bake for 6-8 minutes until lightly toasted. Rub the hazelnuts with kitchen paper to remove the skins, then roughly chop. Leave the nuts and seeds to cool.
Put the oil, vinegar, soy sauce and sugar in a pan and heat until it comes to the boil. Remove from the heat, whisk to combine and leave to cool.
Mix the pineapple, carrots, spring onions, hazelnuts and seeds with the dressing. Put the lettuce leaves on plates and serve the slaw on top.
How to store: This can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days, but without the lettuce, hazelnuts and pumpkin seeds. Add these before serving.