Carrot and pistachio vegan loaf
- 1 onion
- 2 sticks celery
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 4 large carrots, coarsely grated
- 50g shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1tbsp smoked paprika
- 25g flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2tbsp tahini
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- Extra chopped parsley and pistachios, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Grease and line a 21cm loaf tin. Finely chop the onion, celery and garlic. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a low setting, add the onion, celery and garlic and fry for 10 mins.
Remove from the heat and stir in the grated carrots, pistachios, smoked paprika and parsley.
Blend the chickpeas and tahini until smooth and stir into the carrot mixture.
Layer the sliced carrot along the base of the tin, then top with the chickpea mixture and smooth the top. Bake for 35-45 mins.
Cool for 15 mins before removing from the tin. Top with extra chopped parsley and pistachios and serve warm or cold.