Cauliflower & chickpea curry
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 level tsp fresh root ginger, grated
- 1 level tsp ground coriander
- 2 level tsp ground cumin
- 1 level tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp crushed dried chillies
- 4 level tsp garam masala
- 400g can Asda Chopped Tomatoes with Chilli and Peppers
- 400g can Asda Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 Asda Naan Breads, to serve
Add the florets to a pan of boiling water and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and reserve 100ml of the water.
While the cauliflower is cooking, heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the onion until soft but not coloured. Add the garlic and ginger and cook over a low heat for 2 minutes.
Stir in the coriander, cumin, turmeric, chillies and garam masala. Cook over a low heat, stirring for 2 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and chickpeas. Season with salt then cover the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the cauliflower and reserved water to the sauce. Stir to coat. Cover and simmer for another 5-10 minutes until the cauliflower is just tender.
Heat the naan breads and serve with the curry.