Celeriac & almond soup
- 15g butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stick celery, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme leaves
- 1 celeriac, peeled and roughly chopped
- 750ml hot vegetable stock, made with 1 stock cube
- 1 bay leaf
- 75g Asda Reduced Fat crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 25g flaked almonds, toasted
Heat the butter in a pan and cook the onion and celery for 4-5 minutes, until soft. Add the garlic and thyme, and cook for 1 minute. Add the celeriac, stock and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
Remove the bay leaf. Blitz the soup with a hand-held blender, stir in the crème fraîche and season to taste.
Divide between bowls. Top with a swirl of pesto and a sprinkling of toasted almonds, to serve.