Celeriac and apple soup
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 20g unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Whole celeriac, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 eating apples, peeled, cored and cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 bay leaf
- 1tbsp thyme leaves, plus extra, to serve
- 2 reduced-salt vegetable stock cubes, made up to 900ml with boiling water
- 3tbsp single cream
- 75g Extra Special Butler's Farmhouse Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 30g walnuts, toasted and chopped
Heat the oil and butter in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for 2-3 mins until soft. Add the celeriac. Cook for 4-5 mins.
Add the apples, bay leaf, reserving the extra for the garnish. Add the stock to the pan, bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 25 mins until the celeriac is tender.
Remove from the heat and take out the bay leaf. Blitz with a handheld blender and swirl in the cream.
Divide between 6 bowls and scatter over the blue cheese, walnuts and the reserved thyme. Serve immediately.