Be the first to rate this recipe
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2tsp mixed dried herbs
- 2 x 400g cans Chosen by you Beef Stew
- 400g can Good& Balanced Butter Beans, drained
- 200ml stock made with vegetable stock cube
- 4tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- 50g mature Cheddar, grated
- 2tbsp thyme leaves (optional)
- Mashed potato, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200C/ 180C Fan/Gas 6. Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion for 4 mins until soft. Add the carrot, garlic and dried herbs, and cook for a further 1 min.
Add the beef stew, beans and stock. Mix well. Transfer to an ovenproof dish and top with the breadcrumbs and cheese. Bake for 25-30 mins.
Sprinkle over the thyme, if using, and serve with mash.