Cheat’s croque madame
- 20g Kerry LowLow Mature Cheddar Spread
- 2 slices wholemeal bread
- 20g Asda Chosen by you Oven Baked Ham, finely sliced
- 4 squirts Fry Light Sunflower Oil Spray
- 1 egg
- Iceberg lettuce leaves
- 25g carrot, grated
- 1/4 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into small pieces
- 3cm piece cucumber, cubed
- 2 tbsp Hellmann's Fat Free Vinaigrette
Pre-heat the grill. Spread the cheese on the bread. Add the ham and sandwich together. Squirt the oil over both sides of the sandwich. Grill until lightly toasted.
Poach the egg in a pan or frying pan (see tip, below).
Put the lettuce, carrot, pepper and cucumber in a bowl. Toss with vinaigrette.
Serve the poached egg on the sandwich, with the salad on the side.