Cheesy bean burgers
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 50g carrots, ends removed
- 400g can Asda Butter Beans
- A handful of Asda Flat Leaf Parsley
- 50g extra mature Cheddar, grated
- 3 level tbsp Asda Onion Chutney
- 2 level tbsp tomato purée
- 50g wholemeal bread (preferably 2-3 days old)
- 4 wholemeal rolls, salad leaves, tomato ketchup, plus extra salad, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Line a baking tray with baking paper and a plate with kitchen paper. Grate the carrots.
Squeeze in your hands to get rid of any moisture. Put on the paper-lined plate.
Drain and rinse the beans. Pat dry with kitchen paper.
Mash the beans in a large bowl with a potato masher. Cut the stalks off the parsley and discard. Chop the leaves.
Add to the beans with the carrot, cheese, chutney and tomato purée.
Break the bread into chunks and whizz in a processor or with a hand-held blender to make breadcrumbs. Add to the bowl and mix well. Season with black pepper.
With damp hands, shape into 4 patties about 1.5cm thick and put on the baking tray, leaving a gap between each one. Put in the fridge for 15-30 minutes, then cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
Halve the rolls. Put salad leaves on the bottom half, top with a burger, ketchup and other half. Serve with salad.