Cheesy colcannon croquettes
- 400g leftover mashed potato
- 150g leftover spring greens or cabbage, roughly chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 100g Asda 30% Less Fat Mature British Cheese, grated
- 2tsp English mustard
- 6tbsp plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 125g breadcrumbs, made with leftover bread (ideally 3 days old)
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- Mixed salad, to serve
Combine the mash, greens, spring onions, cheese and mustard in a large bowl. Use your hands to shape the mixture into 8 croquettes.
Put the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in 3 separate shallow dishes. Dip the croquettes into the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs, turning to coat.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan and gently fry the croquettes for 3-4 mins on each side until golden and heated through. Serve immediately with the salad.