Chicken and avocado salad bowl
- 1tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2tbsp reduced-fat green pesto
- Zest and juice ½ lemon
- 600g frozen chicken breast mini fillets
- 100g frozen sweetcorn
- 1 head romaine lettuce, trimmed, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and destoned, flesh sliced
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 40g Asda Garlic & Herb Oven Baked Croutons
- ½ x 25g pack basil, leaves torn
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Line a baking tray with foil.
Stir together the oil, pesto and lemon zest and juice. Put the frozen chicken on the baking tray and drizzle with 1⁄2 the pesto mixture.
Roast the chicken for 30-40 mins until cooked through. Set aside to rest for 10 mins before slicing.
Meanwhile, add the sweetcorn to a pan of boiling water and cook for 2-3 mins. Drain and rinse under cold water.
In a serving bowl, toss together the lettuce, avocado, tomatoes and red onion. Top with the chicken and sweetcorn.
Drizzle with the rest of the pesto mixture and scatter over the croutons and basil leaves before serving.