Chicken and chorizo rice with mixed vegetables
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, cut into chunks
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 45g Extra Special Spanish Chorizo, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1tbsp Gia Sun Dried Tomato Purée with Oil, Herbs and Spices
- 300g risotto rice
- 1 reduced-salt chicken stock cube, made up to 1L with boiling water
- 175g Asda frozen Sliced Mixed Peppers
- 50g frozen peas
- 2tbsp chopped parsley
- Crusty bread, to serve
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the chicken and fry over a medium heat for 7-8 mins until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Add the onion and the chorizo to the same frying pan and cook for 5 mins. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 mins.
Stir in the paprika, herbs, tomato purée and rice. Gradually add the stock to the pan, one ladleful at a time, stirring constantly.
Once all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked, return the chicken to the pan, along with the mixed peppers and peas. Stir for a further 5 mins until heated through. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve along with the crusty bread and the lemon wedges, to squeeze over.