- 4 Asda Butcher's Selection Chicken Breast Fillets
- 2 level tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 15g butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 level tbsp tomato purée
- 300ml white wine
- 200ml chicken stock, made with 1 stock cube
- 2 level tsp dried tarragon
- 3 plum or vine-ripened tomatoes (about 200g)
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, halved or quartered
- Mashed potato and a green-vegetable side dish, to serve
Cut the chicken breasts into 2 or 3 pieces. Season the flour, then toss the chicken in it to coat, reserving any leftover flour. Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken until golden on all sides. Put in a saucepan.
Add the butter and shallots to the frying pan and cook over a low heat, stirring, until soft. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Stir in the reserved flour, then add the tomato purée. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
Add the white wine, stir and boil until reduced by half. Add to the chicken with the stock and tarragon. Cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, put the tomatoes in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 1 minute, then remove. Skin the tomatoes, cut into quarters, discard the seeds and roughly chop.
Add the tomatoes and mushrooms to the chicken. Return to a simmer and gently cook, covered, for 15 minutes.
Serve with mash and veg.
Please drink responsibly. For the facts, visit drinkaware.co.uk.