Chicken & chorizo
- 4 level tbsp plain flour
- 4 level tsp Asda Smoked Paprika
- 1kg pack Asda Chicken Thighs (skin on)
- 1kg pack Asda Chicken Drumsticks (skin on)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 x 250g Asda Extra Special Chorizo, thickly sliced
- Small bunch thyme
- 3 red peppers, de-seeded and cut into quarters
- 150ml dry sherry
- 600ml hot chicken stock
Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Put the flour and paprika in a plastic food bag and season. Cut excess skin off the chicken thighs. Toss the chicken pieces in the seasoned flour. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken all over (you will need to do this in batches).
Transfer to a casserole and set aside. Add the remaining oil, onions, garlic, chorizo, thyme (reserving a little for garnish) and peppers to the frying pan and cook for 10 minutes or until the onions have softened.
Stir in the sherry, bring to the boil then pour over the chicken with the stock. Cover and then bake for 1 1⁄2 hours.
Sprinkle with thyme before serving with crushed potatoes, if liked.
Please drink responsibly. For the facts, visit drinkaware.co.uk.