Chicken & chorizo skewers with rainbow rice
- 300g white basmati rice
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 400g can Good & Balanced Red Kidney Beans, well rinsed and drained
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes (from a jar), drained and roughly chopped
- 300g Asda frozen chicken breast fillets, de-frosted and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and cut into 2cm pieces
- 70g Chosen by you Chorizo, thinly sliced
Pre-heat the grill. Put the rice in a sieve and rinse under cold running water. Put in a pan with 1.2L cold water and bring to the boil. Cover the pan and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the sweet potato and cook over a medium heat until tender, turning the pieces occasionally so they cook evenly. Add the spring onions and cook for 1 minute. Add the red kidney beans and sun-dried tomatoes and heat through.
Drain the rice and season. Stir the sweet potato and beans mixture into the rice. Set aside and keep warm.
Thread the chicken pieces, peppers and folded slices of chorizo on skewers, then lightly brush with oil. Cook under a pre-heated grill for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with the rainbow rice.