Quick chicken katsu curry with salad
- 305g Asda British Chicken Breaded Mini Breast Fillets
- 300g Asda Thai Jasmine Rice (uncooked weight)
- 2tbsp Asda Rice Vinegar
- 1tsp rapeseed oil
- 2cm piece ginger, chopped
- 360g pack Grower’s Selection Beansprouts
- 350g Asda Taste of Japan Katsu Spice & Simmer Sauce
- 1 cucumber
- 2 carrots
- 1 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Juice 1 lime
- 2tbsp chopped coriander
Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
Place the chicken on a baking tray lined with baking paper and cook for 15-20 mins until hot and crispy. Slice.
Cook the rice according to the pack instructions. When it is done, drain and stir through the rice vinegar.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan, on medium. Add the ginger and fry for 1 min. Add the beansprouts and the dry spice cap from the Spice & Simmer kit. Fry for 2 mins, add the katsu sauce and simmer for 3-4 mins to heat through.
For the salad, pull a veg peeler down the length of the cucumber and carrot to create ribbons. Mix with the lettuce, chilli sauce, lime juice and coriander.
Divide the rice between 6 plates and top with chicken slices. Spoon over the katsu sauce and beansprouts. Serve with the salad.