Chicken & mushroom bake
- 1 low-salt chicken stock cube
- 1 level tbsp tomato purée
- 4 chicken breast fillets (without skin), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 250g mushrooms, halved or quartered
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- 3 level tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 small white baguette (200g)
- 50g butter, softened
- 350g broccoli, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Dissolve the stock cube and tomato purée in 75ml hot water. Pour into a large pan with 150ml cold water and the chicken, mushrooms, shallots and parsley. Cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
Mix the cornflour with 2 tbsp cold water and stir into the pan with the crème fraîche. Heat until simmering and slightly thickened. Pour into a shallow ovenproof dish.
Cut the baguette into diagonal slices. Spread with butter and arrange, butter side-up, on top of the dish.
Bake the dish for 15 minutes or until the baguette slices are golden. Serve with steamed broccoli.