Chicken noodle soup
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 25g pack fresh coriander
- 500g pouch Asda Extra Special Chicken Stock
- 1 pack Asda Thai Selection Kit
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1⁄4 level tsp turmeric
- 2 chicken breast fillets, cut into small pieces
- 200g pack Asda Mangetout and Baby Corn, halved
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into small pieces
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 100g dried egg noodles
Put the lime zest and the coriander stems in a pan with the stock. From the Thai kit, grate 2cm galangal, slice 2 chillies, chop 1 shallot and crush 2 stems lemongrass with a knife. Add to the pan and bring slowly to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Mix the lime juice with the soy and Thai fish sauce, turmeric and, from the Thai Kit, 1 crushed garlic clove. Add the chicken and chill.
Remove the lemongrass and coriander from the broth. Add the chicken and the marinade. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the mangetout, corn, pepper and coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes.
Boil the noodles for 4-5 minutes. Drain and add to the soup. Spoon into 4 bowls and garnish each with a sprig of coriander.