Chicken and pomegranate skewers with pickled red onion salad
- 600g pack Asda Cook From Frozen Diced Chicken Breast, thawed
- 55ml cider vinegar
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 2tsp Smart Price Clear Honey
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp dried thyme
- 1½tbsp sugar
- 2 red onions, sliced
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and sliced
- 80g pack pomegranate seeds
- ½ x 25g pack flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 Asda Plain Folded Flatbreads, heated according to pack instructions, to serve
- 100g fat-free Greek yogurt, sprinkled with paprika, to serve
- You will also need 8 bamboo skewers
Pat the chicken dry with kitchen roll then put in a zip-seal freezer bag.
In a small bowl, whisk together 10ml of the cider vinegar, the oil, honey, paprika, cumin and thyme. Add to the bag, seal and shake to coat the chicken. Put in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 mins.
Soak the bamboo skewers in cold water for 30 mins.
Put the sugar in a small pan with the remaining vinegar and 1tbsp water, and heat until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat, add the onions and stir to coat. Set aside to pickle for 15 mins.
Put the onions and the pickling liquid in a bowl, add the cucumber slices and set aside.
Preheat the grill. Thread the chicken onto the skewers and cook for 15-20 mins, turning often, until cooked through.
Put the skewers on a serving dish and scatter over the pomegranate seeds and parsley. Serve 2 skewers per person, with the salad, flatbreads and paprika yogurt on the side.