Chicken & pumpkin curry
- 2 tbsp ghee (or oil)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 515g pack Asda Chicken Thigh Fillets (without skin), quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 level tsp turmeric
- 2 level tsp ground cumin
- 1 level tbsp Asda Garam Masala
- ½-1 level tsp crushed chillies
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 500g pumpkin (weighed without skin, seeds or fibre)
- 1 level tbsp cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp cold water to make a paste
- 6 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Rice, to serve
Heat the ghee or oil in a saucepan and cook the onion for about 4 minutes or until it starts to soften.
Add the chicken, garlic and ginger and cook, turning the meat over, until it changes colour.
Add the remaining spices and chillies and 4 tbsp water and stir over a medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk and 200ml water.
Add the pumpkin, cover the saucepan and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the pumpkin tender.
Stir in the cornflour and half the coriander and heat until simmering and thickened. Sprinkle with the rest of the coriander and serve with rice.