Chicken satay skewers
- 360g Butcher’s Selection British Chicken Breast Mini Fillets
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece ginger, grated
- 1tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 1tsp honey
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 stick lemongrass, chopped
- 200ml reduced fat coconut milk
- 3tbsp reduced fat smooth peanut butter
- 2tbsp peanuts, chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
Soak 12 wooden skewers in water.
Mix the chicken with half the garlic and ginger, the soy sauce, fish sauce and honey. Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate while you make the sauce.
Heat half the rapeseed oil in a small pan. Add the shallot, chilli, lemongrass and remaining garlic and ginger, cover with a lid and sweat for 8 mins until soft, stirring occasionally.
Add the coconut milk, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 mins. Mix in the peanut butter until well combined, pour into a dipping bowl and set aside.
Thread the chicken on the skewers.
Heat a griddle or frying pan on high. Add the remaining oil and brown the chicken skewers on all sides. Cook on medium for 8-10 mins more, turning occasionally, until the chicken is done.
Serve with the satay dipping sauce and sprinkle with the peanuts and spring onions.