Chicken & summer vegetable tray bake
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 level tbsp apricot jam
- 1 kg pack chicken drumsticks
- 600g baby new potatoes, halved or quartered, depending on their size
- 2 courgettes, thickly sliced
- 2 red peppers, de-seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 150g pack baby carrots, green tops trimmed and halved lengthways
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Mix the balsamic vinegar with 1 tbsp oil and apricot jam in a large freezer bag. Make cuts in the fleshy parts of the drumsticks, then put in the bag with the marinade. Turn to coat. Leave for 10 minutes.
Put the potatoes in a pan of cold water, cover and bring to the boil. Simmer for 8 minutes, then drain.
Transfer the chicken drumsticks to a roasting tin (or two small tins).
Put the drained potatoes, courgettes, peppers, onion and baby carrots in a bowl and toss them in the rest of the oil until completely coated. Add to the chicken drumsticks and bake for 35-40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.