Chicken & sweet potato curry
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 level tsp mild curry powder
- 450g pack Asda Chicken Breast Fillets
- 2 level tbsp tomato purée
- 4 dried apricots (cut into small pieces)
- 1 small eating apple (peeled, cored and diced)
- 250g sweet potatoes - peeled weight (cut into 2cm pieces)
- Quarter of 400g can reduced-fat coconut milk (you can freeze the rest)
- 200g frozen peas
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- 4 level tbsp Asda Fat Free Greek Style Yogurt
- To Serve
- Asda Chosen by you Garlic and Coriander Naan Breads
- Mango Chutney
Fry the onion in the oil in a large pan until soft and transparent. Stir in the curry powder and cook over a very low heat, stirring continuously, for 1 minute.
Cut the chicken fillets into bite-sized pieces and cook, stirring, until the meat changes colour on all sides. Add the tomato purée, apricots, apple, sweet potatoes, coconut milk and 150ml water. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the peas, bring back to the boil, then cover and simmer for another 5 minutes. Mix the cornflour with 2 tbsp cold water until smooth, then stir into the curry with the yogurt. Simmer for 2 minutes.
Serve the curry with warm Naan bread and mango chutney.