Chicken, sweet potato & spinach curry
- 4 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 515g pack Asda Boneless Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp Asda Chosen by you Balti Curry Paste
- 400ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 400g sweet potatoes (peeled weight), cubed
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 200g frozen peas
- 180g baby spinach leaves
- 2 level tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander, to serve
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and chopped, to serve (optional)
- 300g basmati rice (raw weight), boiled, to serve
- 4 Asda Poppadums, to serve (optional)
- Mango chutney, to serve (optional)
Heat 2 tsp oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion until soft. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Cut the chicken pieces. Add the rest of the oil to the pan and cook the chicken, in batches, until it changes colour on all sides. Add the garlic and curry paste and cook for another minute. Return the onion to the pan.
Add the coconut milk, tomato purée and 100ml water. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the sweet potatoes and lime juice, then bring back to the boil. Cover and simmer until they are tender.
Add the peas and spinach, cover and simmer for another 10 minutes. Mix the cornflour with 1 tbsp cold water and stir in. heat until simmering.
Sprinkle with coriander and chilli (if using). Serve with rice and optional poppadums and mango chutney.