Chicken thighs with lemon & olives
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 x 515g packs Butcher's Selection Boneless Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 1 ½ level tsp ground ginger
- 2 level tsp paprika
- 1 level tsp turmeric
- ½ level tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch saffron
- Zest ½ lemon, thinly peeled with a peeler
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 bay leaf
- 300ml chicken stock, made with 1 cube
- 400g vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 100g pot Chosen by you Green Olives
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- Couscous and broccoli, to serve
Heat the oil in a frying pan. Cook the onion until soft. Add the garlic and cook for another 1 minute.
Put the onion mixture into the slow cooker. Add all the other ingredients except for the cornflour. Slow cook for 4 hours (2 hours in the oven).
Transfer the chicken to a serving dish. Pour the liquid into a pan. Mix the cornflour with a splash of cold water and add. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 1 minute, stirring. Pour over the meat. Serve with couscous and broccoli.