Chicken & vegetable pilaf
- 1 tbsp oil
- 400g pack Asda Frozen Diced Chicken
- 1 tsp frozen garlic, chopped
- 4 tsp Asda Moroccan Rub
- 250ml hot chicken stock
- 200g frozen sliced peppers
- 4 x 200g sachets Asda Frozen Golden Vegetable Rice
- 100g raisins (or sultanas)
- 75g whole blanched almonds
Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken over a low heat, stirring, until it changes colour. Add the garlic and Moroccan Rub and cook for 2 minutes.
Transfer to a pan and add the chicken stock. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, then add the sliced peppers. Return to a simmer and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Add the rice and raisins or sultanas, cover and cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the stock is simmering and the rice is really hot.
Meanwhile, toss the almonds in a dry frying pan over a low heat until golden (they burn easily, so watch them). Add to the rice and serve.